How Videos Can Help Promote Your Business
Though there are a variety of ways to increase the rankings of your small business websites for local searches online, an under-used and highly effective tool is the use of video.
Video can help your business in many ways, including educating prospects, increasing brand awareness, and demonstrating expertise in your field. You don’t, however, have to take our word for it. Here’s what the research says:
– Visitors who view product videos are 85% more likely to buy than visitors who do not. (Internet Retailer, April 2010)
– Retail site visitors who view video stay two minutes longer on average and are 64% more likely to purchase than other site visitors. (Comscore, August 2010)
– Video results appear in about 70% of the top 100 listings, the type of content most often displayed in universal or blended search results. (Marketingweek, 2011)
– Zappos reports a 6% to 30% increase in sales for products with video. (ReelSEO, December 2009)
– With proper optimization, video increases the chance of a front-page Google result by 53x. (Forrester, January 2010)
– Affluent consumers prefer video and search to other digital advertising formats, as 41% of affluent online shoppers reported to eMarketer that they took an action after seeing one of these two ad formats. (eMarketer, August 2011)
– 46% of frequent online shoppers prefer shopping on sites with video, compared with 30% of infrequent online shoppers. (Internet Retailer, November 2010)
– Video and other multi-media product viewing options were rated more effective than any other site initiatives in an Adobe survey of almost 2,000 interactive marketers. (Adobe, May 2011)
The bottom line? If you’re not using video, you’re missing opportunities to create more compelling messages, more customers and more conversion.